SENIOR NI LABVIEW TEST ENGINEER
Job Title: Senior NI LabVIEW Test Engineer
Type: Permanent, Start date ASAP
This is a rare opportunity to join an engineering consultancy like no other. With sustainability being a main priority, their completely unique ideas are creating a new wave of innovation that you do not want to miss out on.
To continue with their mission, they are looking for a dynamic and driven Senior NI Labview Test Engineer to take responsibility for NI code writing for all relevant tasks associated with the verification and validation testing of all electrical drive systems, assemblies, and components.
Senior NI LabVIEW Test Engineer main responsibilities:
- Write NI LabVIEW code to perform verification and validation tests on electric drive systems in accordance with relevant engineering standards (BSI-60034-1)
- Produce technical reports that evaluate and compare product performance and statistical data for internal and external use
- Design Test system architecture required to meet and work in accordance with verification and validation tasks detailed within verification and validation plans
- Process and evaluate data that is collected from testing to determine the validity in the data and that tests being performed are true and correct
- Perform root cause analysis to fault find test fixture issues that may occur during installation and commissioning of test systems.
- Mentor and manage Test Technicians to perform test jig commissioning and relevant test and verification tasks associated.
- Support the mechanical, electronics and firmware team in verification and validation tasks required including pre-compliance testing
- Maintain a safe, clean, and orderly environment reflective of HSE principles. '' Any other reasonable duties, as requested by your manager.
Requirements for the successful Senior NI LabVIEW Test Engineer:
- A degree in an appropriate Engineering discipline (preferably Masters) '' A degree in electronics preferred '' Ideally chartered Experience
- Experience in an engineering development environment, preferably sectors where testing of electrical machines is prominent (such as Automotive)
- Proven experience in writing technical reports in accordance with verification and validation procedures
- Excellent understanding of basic electronics principles including measurement principles (isolated vs differential measurement methodology, bridge, 4-wire)
- Knowledge of signal Measurement best practices. (i.e., when to use coax over twisted pair, grounding strategy, guarding & shielding techniques (electric, magnetic & conductive etc)
- Ability to calculate measurement error and understanding noise floor (intrinsic noise, thermal noise, flicker noise, shot noise, SNR)
- Knowledge of data acquisition (sensor/transducer, signal conditioning, signal processing. A too D, data logging/transmission)
- Familiarity with PXI Data Acquisition chassis, specifically NI PXIe chassis & cards. '' Good understanding of Visual programming, NI LabVIEW, critically understanding
- measurement synchronisation (simultaneous sampling), data processing, multi- threaded processes. Benefit understanding of additional languages and use of API/sdks (e.g., c , c#)
Why should you apply for this Senior NI LabVIEW Test Engineer role?
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Employee assistance package (EAP)
- Life insurance for employees only (death in service x 4 times salary)
- Corporate shop
- Free on-site parking
- Free tea/coffee/snacks
- Stakeholder pension scheme '' contribution of 5% of salary
- Share scheme
- Company laptop & rucksack
To apply for this Senior NI LabVIEW Test Engineer role, click "Apply now" or contact Rhianna Beckett at Orion Electrotech, Reading to discuss further.Apply Now
Technical Publications Engineer
Lead Certification Engineer
Lead / Principal Electrical Design Engineer
£65000 - £75000 per year