Senior Design Engineer - Civils
£50000 - £60000 per year
Senior Design Engineer
Salary: £50-60K DOE
39 Hours PW (Days/Occasional nights)
Our client is looking for a Senior Engineer who will be proactive in managing the design team to deliver projects within set timescales and budgets while meeting all relevant Legislation and Standards.
- You will be required to undertake surveys, site inspections and site investigations and manage a design team to produce drawings, design decision logs, designer's risk assessments, calculations, specifications, reports, feasibility studies, technical revies and cost estimates.
- You will need to have achieved a degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or other related subject and ideally be a member of a relevant institution if not already an Incorporate Engineer or Chartered.
- You will have a good understanding of the railway environment and the delivery of civil engineering design within it including CDM Regulations 2015. You will be proficient with CAD or other design software packages as well as Microsoft Office.
- You will hold a full driving licence and a PTS or the relevant level of fitness to hold a PTS.
- Chartered, or near chartered engineer '' I.Eng minimum
- Member of a professional institution '' PWI, ICE, IStructE
- Civil or structural background
- Competent in design delivery
- Understand the railway design processes
- Able to carry out design checks of other's work
- Can be appointed as design CRE (Contractor's Responsible Engineer)
- Rail Industry experience
- Prepared to work the occasional night or weekend as required (not regular and not that frequent '' odd surveys and site visits)
- Prepared to travel to sites and client meetings across the UK
You will be required to take the lead and manage a team, mentoring and developing junior team members.
This role comes with future progression opportunities.
If this sounds like YOU, I want to hear from you! Send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at Orion ReadingApply Now
Rolling Stock Team Leader
£40500 per hour
Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
£40612 per year
Rolling Stock Maintenance Team Leader
£40500 per year