One of the worlds leading manufacturing businesses that supply products to the defence industry are in need of a Technical Author on a permanent basis.
The areas of responsibility for the Technical Author include:
- Researching the technical requirement for Publications by reference to: engineering drawings, CAD models, production standards, processes, industry Specifications, Logistic Support Analysis records and related component hardware proving using appropriate tooling.
- Identify and liaise with relevant departments in order to resolve technical issues and requirements.
- Compile new and standard technical publications, and amendments using Aerospace recognised techniques including; application of appropriate data structures, formatting, style and detail.
- Identify, define and specify illustration requirements and usage to meet industry standards. Undertake hands-on facilitation, demonstration and validation using appropriate equipment, tooling and engineering techniques. Proof read documents prior to passing data into quality systems.
- Compile Illustrated Parts Catalogue in accordance with Aerospace industry specifications, equipment maintenance policy and standard production techniques.
- Understand and apply data configuration control and archiving techniques, and data management processes.
- Manage allocated workload within task deadlines, maintaining accurate man hour control, generating progress records for scrutiny by senior staff.
- Understand and apply Common Source Database and Content Management methodologies related to technical publications’ production, storage and delivery.
The ideal Technical Author will have a City & Guilds 5360 Part 1 & 2 (Engineering, Technical Communication and Authoring) or equivalent; Highly developed skill in the application of English in terms of both grammar and vocabulary; Experience of desktop publishing software e.g. FrameMaker; Ability to work with new Publishing production tools and processes including SGML, XML and DITA; Proven aerospace engineering experience, preferably in a Military context.
My client offers an excellent remuneration package including 25 days holiday, a non-contributory pension, health sheme and life cover.
Please apply, or call Lee Dymott on our Reading office number to discuss the role further.