£ 75000.00 per annum
I am currently on an active search to find my client a new Chief Engineer, they are an industry leading Design & Manufacturing organisation working with the Instrumentation market. We have worked with them now for a number of years and they have been a very successful business in the time we have known them and hold a global presence in regard to their product line.
We need a “hands on” Chief Engineer who has the ability to both manage and when required “get on the tools”.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
As Chief Engineer you will take ownership of R&D, product design, and the planning of future products in coordination with the senior management team and other key employees. You also will be the technical authority in the business and will need to support customers as well as provide technical support to the Service and Operations team and reporting to the Managing Director.
- Manage R&D projects and mentor the R & D team of the business unit.
- Plan future products as part of a long-term plan involving product life cycle.
- Extended R&D ownership for all UK IP Business units.
- Be the technical authority in the business unit.
- Provide technical support to customers, Service and Operations teams.
- Set a clear mission and deploy strategies focused on that mission.
- Keep ahead of industry's developments and apply best practices to areas of improvement.
- Adhere to and manage the approved budget.
- Maintain an orderly workflow according to priorities.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge.
- Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports, and monthly and annual analysis.
- Support the organization in maintaining certifications to ISO9001:2015 and ISO/IEC 80079-34:2011 Explosive atmospheres.
- Ensure compliance to other regulatory standards such as CE, UL and CSA etc.
- Manage / Own Engineering systems of work (e.g ASANA)
- Ensure compliance with Environmental regulations.
- Proven working experience in scientific instrumentation product design.
- Knowledge of Sensors, Cryogenics and/or Gas Analysis/Mmeasurement would be ideal.
- Good knowledge of management methods and techniques.
- Ability to think strategically, and to lead.
- Strong client-facing ability and communication skills.
- Proficiency in English.
- A technical electrical engineering degree and/or science degree from a university or college.
Please apply within or contact James Ewart at Orion Electrotech in Reading.
More jobs like this