£ 32000.00 per annum
Original Head Office
Job Title: Product Support Engineer
Salary: Basic £32k, £65-75k OTE
Location: Overseas + Sheffield
Would you like the opportunity to travel the world whilst getting paid to do it?!
We're looking for a Product Support Engineer to join a successful manufacturing company to help with first line support, service & inspection of high voltage distribution equipment overseas.
These products are installed worldwide so off seas travel for long periods will be required.
So imagine starting your working day waking up in places such as India, Argentina, China and the UAE?
As a Product Support Engineer your duties will include:
- Providing front line product support ensuring customer satisfaction
- Investigating customer issues and development of solutions.
- Carrying out inspection/checks on own work as it proceeds and ensuring that the equipment performs satisfactorily and is safe before handing back to the customer.
- Producing detailed work packages including risk and method statements for all work.
- Carrying out site surveys on customers equipment for appraisal / reporting for costings purposes.
- Liaising with the Service Manager whilst working on overseas jobs.
- Providing technical support for the existing product support engineers.
- Carrying out in line with our specification product servicing / repair and upgrades.
The successful Product Support Engineer will have the below experience:
- Be able to work safely within in a hazardous environment and ensure equipment is left in a safe and working manner.
- Demonstrable knowledge of high voltage distribution and supply equipment with a good level of fault finding and repair knowledge.
- Understanding and experience with electrical capital equipment and design.
- Qualified to work in an electrical hazardous area and willing to undertake relevant training
- Ability to work with high level technical data with a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work under own initiative as well as accurately keeping to defined plans and specifications.
- Ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to work independently with a good customer focus and commercial acumen.
As a Product Support Engineer you will receive the below benefits:
- £32k basic plus £65-75 OTE for overseas work
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Full expenses covered whilst overseas
If you are interested in this position click apply or contact Orion Reading today, thank you.
More jobs like this