£ 25000.00 per annum
Job Title: Test Repair Technician
Salary: £21-25k per annum
Location: Bognor, UK
Test Technician required to join a global engineering company working with over 175 companies around the world.
As a Test Technician you will be responsible for the testing of manufactured items including bought in assemblies or systems, and rework or modification of units or systems.
Duties will include:
- Performing system or unit testing as required
- Working safely with both high and low voltage systems and test equipment, communicating possible issues or safety concerns promptly
- Liasing and communicating with engineering to feed back any problems or issues and pass information back on resolutions so these can be added to drawings/schematics
- Write and create work instructions, process aids and train other team members on different processes
- When required, assist in the manufacture of units or systems to ensure the smooth running of the production environment
The successful Test Technician will have the below experience:
- A background in domestic, commercial or industrial electrical installation and test, or control panel/electrical system wiring and test (minimum 2 years experience)
- BTEC, NVQ or equivalent qualification in Electrical or Test Engineering
- Qualified to BS7671 wiring regulations preferable
- Knowledge of standard electrical test equipment including the ability to perform electrical safety, flash and earth continuity testing
- Knowledge of fault finding electrical and electronic systems to component level
- Good understanding of manufacturing and assembly processes including soldering (conventional and surface mount components)
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and wiring schematics
If this role would be of interest click apply, or contact Dan at Orion Reading for more information.