£ 45000.00 per annum
*£35,000 - £45,000 DOE + Life Insurance + Private Medical care or Medical Cashback Benefits + 25 days holiday plus BH + 7% Pension Contribution*
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a growing organisation with a healthy order book, as the Mechanical Buyer you will be solely responsible for purchasing all Mechanical materials and components in line with Production and projects.
Main duties for the Mechanical Buyer:
- To ensure that purchased materials and services are procured at lowest cost consistent with quality, delivery requirement, and on-going supply.
- To develop with suppliers opportunities for reduced cost, improved quality and greater delivery flexibility.
- To ensure that suppliers have processes and procedures in place that are capable of maintaining the appropriate level of control to assure quality, cost and delivery requirements, together with conformance to statutory legal and environmental requirements.
- To identify potential worldwide new sources, new products and new processes that can be used to enhance (increase the competitiveness of) the current product and/or product range.
- To ensure all Purchase Orders and Purchase Commitments contain specifications and commercial terms that are both fair and provide required flexibility but also minimise liability in the event of customer cancelling or amending a contract.
- Advise on component manufacture (together with potential Vendor) prior to drawing release, so as to ensure that best practice manufacturing methods are incorporated in designs
- To ensure conformance to ethical and statutory requirements e.g. H & S, Environmental, Legal - within the Purchasing Department and in the placing of contracts with third parties.
Skills and experience to be the appointed Mechanical Buyer
- Must be able to read and understand manufacturing drawings both machined parts and fabrications.
- Must be a Strong communicator at all levels
- Experience using PPAP (or similar) process as part of supplier selection.
- Ability to make decisions on the best value and terms. - Results driven
- Must have worked in an Engineering Manufacturing Environment
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- CIPS Qualified is ideal
To find out more on the role APPLY NOW!