£ 40000.00 per annum
They are a design and manufacturer of custom-built products which are produced across a range of industries including; Marine, Ocean Science, Offshore Renewables, Oil & Gas, Ship Systems, Maritime Security and Defence.
They have been established for over 50 years and have become in that time a leading provider to their market space and with further growth planned they are currently on a hiring drive across their engineering function.
What the job is…
You will be specifically working on the development of a specific group of products and as a the new Software Engineer within the team your job will include responsibilities such as;
- You will be aquiring date from the physical world and manipulating said data
- Develop software and embedded firmware for the product range
- Communicate work and ideas/improvements with the members of the group
- Be proactive in problem solving
What we are looking for…
We are looking for a graduate with 1 or 2 years experience in industry, comprehensive experience with C/C++ languages and with a relevant engineering qualifications such as; Computer Science or Physics etc.
The successful Software Engineer will be working on the development of a wide scope of firmware and devices, as well as embedded webpages and engineering tools. So an interest in taking on the breadth of work and some previous experience of this would be ideal
- Salary based on experience £37,000 to £40,000
- Discretionary performance related bonus (annual)
- Company pension scheme 6%-10% employer contribution
- Income Protection
- 25 days holiday
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- 37.5 hour working week
- Flexible working times to accommodate work/life balance
Please apply within or contact James Ewart at Orion Electrotech for more information.