£ 35000.00 per annum
**£28,000 - £32,000**
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Buyer to join a growing organisation, due to recent contract won and order books looking healthy the team is expanding!
My Client is an Engineering Manufacturing seeing an experience and enthusiastic buyer to join a small purchasing team, the main duties of the role will be:
- Co-ordination of all tactical and strategic site purchasing activities to drive the business wide material procurement activity whilst identifying and implementing strategic purchasing initiatives
- Participate Production Meeting's, maintain and report site wide performance to drive increased customer satisfaction through performance
- Maintenance of customer forecasts. To liaise with sales teams to understand customer forecasts, to align MRP to ensure manufacturing and Supply Chain capability meets customer expectations
- Develop and implement lean process improvements. Working with the site SCM engaging with corporate global supply chain and engineering teams, support implementation of sourcing strategies for the site, ensuring they are linked to Global Strategies
- Drive site 'Cost Out' initiatives. Identify and drive material cost savings through improved negotiation or resourcing, supporting reporting process.
- Working in conjunction with Applications Engineering to provide support during product development and NPI processes. Support to include providing preferred supplier information, market pricing and technology awareness.
- In conjunction with Quality Engineer to develop key suppliers through the use of such tools as Supplier PIP, Vendor assessment & Supplier BSC
Experience and skills needed to be the successful Buyer
- Have experience within a Purchasing environment in an Engineering Manufacture
- Excellent communication skills with an enthusiastic attitude to work
- Proven experience dealing directly with suppliers to ensure KPI's are met and achieved
- Liaise with engineering and production to ensure materials are in on time
- Must have used an MRP/ERP system and be confident with Excel
To find out more APPLY NOW! or submit your CV to [email protected]