£ 42000.00 per annum
We are a global life science business and leading manufacturer of pharmaceuticals! Due to continued growth, we have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer to join our highly motivated team.
The successful Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for providing 'hands on' engineering support for refrigeration systems, Manufacturing, Facilities/Utilities and Lab functions, whilst adhering to the site Safety and Quality procedures. This is a double day shift role, Monday-Friday, 6am-2pm / 2pm-10pm.
- Responsible for onsite maintenance and repair of refrigeration and HVAC systems.
- Provide support to Cell Technician, Facility/Utilities and Labs for repairs and maintenance. Routine preventative maintenance requirements and optimisation for manufacturing, facility, and labs to maximise plant uptime.
- Routine instrumentation calibration and adjustment across the facility, whilst maintaining validated specifications and limits. Development of preventative maintenance and calibration activities in conjunction with plant improvements and improved ways of working.
- Repair of faulty manufacturing, facilities and lab machinery and equipment throughout the site as required. Adherence to site spare parts and materials control, ensuring issuance and new supply information is accurate. Provision of critical spare parts holding for area.
- Full participation and promote site EHS programs covering PUWER, risk and manual handling assessments and investigations.
- Collaborate with Project Teams for commissioning of new equipment/processes and the setup of planned preventative maintenance.
Experience, skills & abilities required:
- Post-secondary education and/or a technical trade certificate/apprenticeship/traineeship.
- Significant hands on technical experience working in an engineering environment.
- Conversant with relevant standards and methods employed with calibration activities.
- Understanding of Quality Systems.
- Computer literate. Experienced in using Microsoft packages.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a team environment