£ 60000.00 per annum
Chief Design Engineer - Basingstoke
A specialist in the Design & Manufacture of bespoke equipment for the Aerospace & Defence industry. They have established themselves as a major supplier worldwide in their market space now for over 20 years, with further growth plans in place for the near future.
They work with some of the most advanced technologies and within a very advanced market space, offering tailored solutions to their clients for initial concept/requirement right through to installation & servicing.
We are currently looking for two Chief Design Engineers to take responsibility for the entire design of the product and management of those within each project.
The Role & Responsibilities.
- Focal point for Design projects and overall system design.
- Act as champion of DFM and DFS with production and service teams.
- Resolve project related problem reports and participate in 8D investigations.
- Coordinate DMFEAs, internal design reviews and ECR actions with heads of departments.
- Ensure that NPI processes are followed and applied.
What our client is looking for?
- Qualified Engineer to degree level or above or time served equivalent industry experience.
- Experience of working across Mechanical, Electrical/Electronic and Software disciplines.
- Full life cycle design experience and worked with 3D CAD (preference is Creo).
- Hold experience leading a multi-disciplinary team of mechanical design engineers.
Package (based on experience).
£50,000 to £60,000 per annum, plus benefits.
It's a great time to join this growing business, please apply within or contact James Ewart at Orion Electrotech.