£ 50000.00 per annum
Lead Design Engineer - Basingstoke
A specialist in the Design & Manufacture of bespoke equipment for the Aerospace & Defence industry. They have established themselves as a major supplier worldwide in their market space now for over 20 years, with further growth plans in place for the near future.
They work with some of the most advanced technologies and within a very advanced market space, offering tailored solutions to their clients for initial concept/requirement right through to installation & servicing.
We are currently looking for several Lead Design Engineers to take responsibility for key areas within the Design function.
The Role & Responsibilities.
- Leading design of product within your specialist unit.
- Developing product roadmap, contributing to standardization & design methodology.
- Designing composite mouldings, castings & other mechanical piece parts to meet the product requirements in the most cost-effective way.
- Review and action development and production change notes as required with consideration of business impact. Actively participate in 8D investigations.
- Mentoring and developing team members through 1-2-1's and annual reviews to develop technical knowledge within the team in own subject matter.
What our client is looking for?
- Mechanical Engineering Education (Degree or similar).
- Full design life cycle experience, from concept to production/installation.
- Able to perform GD&T analysis and work with tight tolerances.
- Proficient in 3D CAD (Creo is advantageous)
- Circa 10 years' experience in Design with some mentoring/coaching experience
Package (based on experience).
£40,000 to £50,000 per annum, plus benefits.
A great time to join this growing business, please apply within or contact James Ewart at Orion Electrotech in Reading.
More jobs like this