£29000 per year
Salary '' up to £29,000
Working hours ''Summer = 8:15am '' 5pm with 1/2hr lunch break and a day Friday
Winter = 8:30am '' 5pm with 1 hour lunch break, overtime expected at 1.5x hourly rate.
Bonus Scheme '' Christmas bonus around £500, Main bonus up to £1000. These are dependent on company and individual performance.
Orion are proud to be working with a well-established Motorsport client working with top Formula 1 teams providing crucial components. To aid their growth, they are looking for a motivated Production Operative to join their team in the Reading area.
Duties of the Pipe Bending technician
- Bending Titanium, Aluminium & Stainless-Steel pipe stock using semi-CNC bending machine:
- Bending Stainless Steel hose-fittings using hand-bending machine:
- Working collaboratively with the Account Managers & the Engineers.
- Managing Tube-Bending Area & Role '' Take full ownership, gain skill/experience of all the tasks involved, recommend & implement any improvements, keep area tidy.
- Managing Tube-Bending Tooling '' Monitor condition & request replacements, monitor effectiveness & (if needed) recommend improvements, efficient & tidy storage.
- Managing Tube -Stock '' Put away new stock deliveries, sort & store stock appropriately (slow & fast moving, current & new batches, etc..), allocate batch nos. to production jobs to aid traceability.
- Gain understanding & appreciation of all other workshop processes also.
- Working within the other workshop areas as and when deemed necessary. Having a positive attitude to undertaking other workshop activities when needed is important.
- Ensuring all activities are carried out in line with Company QA Procedures
- Must have engineering workshop experience involving accurate processes & assembly.
- Must be able to interrogate engineering drawings & workshop instructions.
- Must be familiar with using computers & software (however full training will be given on the specific software).
- Crucially also have the ability to solve problems, overcome irregularities where they arise in order to meet deliveries, i.e. ability & mindset to "think on your feet".
- Motorsport experience / interest is an advantage, but not essential.