Machine Systems Service Engineers
£40000 - £45000 per year
Job Title: Machine Systems Service Engineers
Location: Field Service - Ideally based in Manchester/Liverpool area
Salary: £45,000 per annum
Working Hours: 40 hours per week
Overview of this Machine Systems Service Engineer role:
We are a leading provider of automated product handling solutions, specializing in conveyor systems, multiple servos, variable speed drives, and HMI controls. As part of our expansion, we are seeking skilled and experienced Machine Systems Service Engineers to join our dynamic team.
Position Overview of this Machine Systems Service Engineer role:
As a Machine Systems Service Engineer, you will play a crucial role in the successful delivery of capital equipment projects, from commissioning in the factory to installation and maintenance at customer sites. The ideal candidate will be electrically biased with PLC knowledge and possess hands-on experience in servicing and commissioning complex automated product handling solutions.
Key Responsibilities of this Machine Systems Service Engineer role:
- Lead the installation of capital equipment on customer sites.
- Commission equipment at customer sites and perform onsite modifications.
- Provide training to customers on safe operating procedures for equipment.
- Conduct routine service visits and attend breakdowns to identify cost-effective solutions.
- Produce accurate maintenance reports with recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Deliver high-quality post-sales technical support to customers.
Qualifications and Experience of this Machine Systems Service Engineer role:
- 3-5 years of recent experience in servicing and commissioning complex automated product handling solutions.
- Mechanical and electrical diagnosis experience.
- ONC level or equivalent engineering qualification.
- PLC program fault-finding experience.
- Experience with Siemens S7, TIA software, Allen Bradley RSLogix 5000, or Allen Bradley Studio 5000 software.
- Experience managing customer expectations at customer sites and delivering training.
- Electrical engineering qualification – ONC level.
- Experience in developing training for customers.
- Fanuc Robot programming and commissioning experience.
- Experience with hot melt glue systems, Nordson, or Robatech.
- Efficient organization and planning of work tasks.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills and high numeracy level.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong team-working skills, with the ability to motivate and lead teams.
- Flexibility, compromise ability, and a willingness to accept responsibility.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent customer care skills and commercial awareness.
Working Conditions of this Machine Systems Service Engineer role:
- Home-based position with 100% travel to predominantly UK locations.
- Full driving license required.
- Van provided for work-related travel.
"Thank you for your application. Due to the volume of applications, we regret that we're unable to respond personally to each one. If you haven't heard from us within 5 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful. Visit our website to explore other available vacancies."Apply Now