£32000 - £37000 per year
Job Title: Avionics Technician
Salary: up to £37,000 DOE
Type: Permanent, Start date ASAP
We're looking for an innovative & enthusiastic Avionics Technician to join a dynamic team to repair and overhaul a wide range of aircraft Communications, Radio audio units, and Navigation instruments to the component level. The motto here is FAULT. FIND. REPAIR! You will be working with technologies ranging from analogue electronics to complex microprocessor electronics and RF Circuits. If you fit the criteria and want to be part of an outstanding Avionics company then look no further!
Avionics Technician responsibilities:
- Undertake precise mechanical work and electronics repair including through hole and surface mounted components.
- Complete fault finding, repair and testing process using specialised and general-purpose test equipment
- Undertake work by the manufacture's component maintenance manual and regulatory approvals and the company's quality system.
- Complete accurate and legible repair records and ensure they are filed promptly.
- Maintain an agreed level of quality and cost-effectiveness, ensuring accuracy and safety standards are met.
- Undertake cross-training in other technical areas in line with the requirements of the business.
- Understand and utilise the Quantum system to ensure effective delivery.
- Subject to the needs of the business and level of competency carry out independent inspections on other technician repairs.
- Undertake training that is identified as a requirement of the role as identified by the role Manager.
- On occasion you may be required to take on ad hoc duties which include but is not limited to training, department-associated tasks, and secondment to other departments.
Requirements for the Avionics Technician:
- Good understanding of aircraft component maintenance principles and system avionic
- Ability to work well in multidiscipline/cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical, administrative and organization skills and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines and multi-task
- Strong communicator (verbal and written)
- Able to work effectively with minimum supervision after completion of probationary period.
- Due to nature of business security clearance will be required
- Proficient use of Quantum database is desirable but not a requirement
Why should you apply for this Avionics Technician role?
- Competitive salary up to £37,000
- 25 days annual leave
- Early finish Fridays
- Great company pension scheme
- Monthly wellness breakfasts in the office
- Life assurance/death in service policy (4 x annual salary)
- Access to "Perk Box" '' an employee benefits site offering free theatre tickets, discounted shops etc
To apply for this Avionics Technician role, click "Apply now" or contact Rhianna Beckett at Orion Electrotech, Reading to discuss further.Apply Now